Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Very First Mormon General Conference As An Ex-Mormon!!


This is my first Conference as an EX-MO!! I find it rather funny and entertaining.....to hear L. Tom Perry and I'm sure many others to follow, stand at the pulpit, with a straight face, talking to the whole world and using fairy tales as examples of how we should live our life and who we should strive to be like.

I mean, this is crazy when you think about it; the Book of Mormon has been proved to be completely bogus and a fraud and yet they quote from it as if the people in it, actually lived and were real!! There isn't one shred of physical or DNA evidence that prove the Book of Mormon to be what it purports to be. I just can't believe that these men really believe that the Book of Mormon is true. Can they really be that stupid or are they just brainwashed? They have access to the complete truth in the archives of the Church, how can they not know? They have to be knowingly perpetuating a fraud!!

They talk about Nephi, Lehi, Laban, Joseph, etc, as if they are real!! Give me a break!! It would be like the Prophet, Apostles and Seventies standing at the pulpit, referring to Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, talking about the specific episode where they did this and that and that they should be examples to us in how we act. I just find it hilarious!! Like I said, this is my first Conference as a non-believer and every time they reference someone or something in the Book of Mormon, I just laugh, knowing what I now know. I just can't believe that I was one of the stupid, brain-washed suckers that bought this crap hook line and sinker for over 30 years.

Today I'm grateful for my freedom in actually not believing in the fairy tale of the Book of Mormon, and the Church's Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy!!

Samuel the Utahnite

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, October 09, 2006 11:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's funny too! Same thing for the bible, no one can prove that one either! It's funny what some people believe in!

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the Bible has historical and geographical proofs. If you believe in its teachings or not is an entirely differnt thing! I grew up mormon and struggled to see any truth in any of it. I do however, consider the Bible a book with many proofs and tons of evidence! Just because Mormons are cultish and evil does not warrant walking away from "All" religion. I did this for years and am happy to finally say with confidence that, Yes, the mormon church is false doctrine and its prophets contradict themselves too often to be given any credibility and Yes, I believe in the Jesus of the Bible, who is very different in every way than the not so important Jesus of mormonism.

 
At Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:18:00 AM, Blogger mpschmitt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend,
It seems to me that while you were yet a member of the Church you life was quite fruitful, morally, spiritually and otherwise. Since abandoning your core beliefs you are now worse off. You think yourself to be "free" but you are now even more enslaved to your carnal pretensions

 
At Sunday, October 07, 2007 9:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed at your disbelief. I for one am grateful for the church and the Book of Mormon. I know they are true by the Holy Ghost. I hope you will one day realize your folly. By the fruits you shall know them. Based on that principle, anyone can see the church has done good things and continues to lift people.

 
At Sunday, October 07, 2007 12:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a navajo and hopi indian, i have an advantage of knowledge which you do not. There is evidence that the teachings of the church are true. But despite the many unique historical and factual evidences of the truth, my testimony does not rely on them. It is sometimes tempting to try and prove, using facts from my family and culture because if it is a coincidence, it is definitely and astronomical one. I could go through verse after the verse in the Book of Mormon and show you things which would seem impossible, but somehow joseph knew. Sure, you may try and find some of these things in obscure books, but there are volumes which have never been written and are treasures to those who know of them. One day everyone will know but until then, i choose to rely on faith.

 
At Monday, April 06, 2009 8:32:00 PM, Blogger Andersonvanc said...

I, too, rely on faith. Ask yourself, do you really feel good about publishing this website? Really??

 
At Monday, May 11, 2009 6:35:00 PM, Blogger BedazzledStraightjacket said...

It's all bogus. The Bible, the BOM .... everything. Just because you can back up things in the bible with archaeological evidence that places existed, there is just no proof it really is a book of "God".

Good on you for this blog and I hope you continue to expose the Church for what it is. A big fat fraud.


Relying on faith to believe in something just makes you uneducated and not capable of thinking in any manner of deep and rational thought.

I am SO glad I got away from the cult.

 
At Monday, May 11, 2009 6:37:00 PM, Blogger BedazzledStraightjacket said...

And to Andersonvanc:

It's a cult. It needs to be exposed for what it is. Why would the TRUTH make anyone feel badly? I am more free today than I ever was in the cult.

 
At Monday, April 26, 2010 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Brandon Coppin said...

LOL. It's funny that people are still calling Mormonism a cult. Of course- it is the lunatic fringe who still hold this very ignorant opinion of the church.

To respond to the main claim here- that the Book of Mormon is "Bogus" because it cannot be proven... Anyone who makes such as statement has no understanding of God and his ways. If the Book of Mormon could be proved there would be no reason for faith. Faith is what changes your desires and your heart. It is what converts you to Jesus Christ. I for one, am very glad that the Book of Mormon cannot be proven. I have come to know God through my faith. And through my faith I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com