Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Mormon Church Continues to "Whitewash" And Lie About Their History through Pictures Sold At "God's Official Bookstore", Deseret Book!!


Hey for only $375, we can get a picture of Joseph Smth.....sitting at a table, looking at the Golden Plates and translating them. Of course, we know that isn't how it happened. Where's the 21 X 29 Limited Edition Framed Print of Joseph Smith with his head jammed into a hat with no plates to be seen anywhere near him?

http://deseretbook.com/store/product?sku=4056302

Amazing how Deseret Book helps the Church perpetuate a fraud by selling bogus, false ideas through their art work sales. Of course, it doesn't really surprise me at all, after all, Deseret Book is God's "official bookstore" and anything they do or sell must be inspired or justified in the name of God, right?

The Church has been selling this picture for as a long as I can remember and they know that it's a lie. I bought this stupid picture in the MTC and had it up on the wall wherever I lived for my whole mission. I then gave it to a member, along with all of my other dumb ass pictures that I bought of Nephi, Lehi, etc. And we wonder why everyone thinks it happened this way and that Joseph Smith sat at a table looking at plates?

Well, to prove that the Church knows that it didn't happen this way, all we have to do is reflect on a talk given by Russell M. Nelson, June 25, 1992 at a seminar for new mission presidents, Missionary Training Center, Provo, Utah.

It was printed in the Ensign in July of 1993, page 61 and was entitled “A Treasured Testament:”

"The details of this miraculous method of translation are still not fully known. Yet we do have a few precious insights. David Whitmer wrote:

“Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling parchment would appear, and on that appeared the writing. One character at a time would appear, and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to Brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear. Thus the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man.” (David Whitmer, An Address to All Believers in Christ, Richmond, Mo.: n.p., 1887, p. 12.)"

A Treasured Testament

Notice that he refers to this quote as a "precious insight" and a "miraculous method of translation." I'll say it was miraculous, to be able to stick a stone in a hat followed by your head and then receive the entire history of the former inhabitants of the Americas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has anyone else ever done something that miraculous before? LOL!! It's actually truly astonishing, if it really happened. Of course, we all know that it didn't and that Joseph Smith was a complete fraud and must have been laughing himself silly that everyone fell for the "miraculous" head in the hat trick!! LMAO!!

This is some funny stuff man when you stop to think about it. I can't believe that people fell for it. When I learned this, that there were no plates sitting on a table as I had always been taught, seen in Church pictures and believed my whole life; that, with all the other things that I had learned, really cemented to me that the Mormon Church was a complete fraud that fabricated whatever they needed in order to perpetuate that fraud. I was still in the process of leaving and this really helped me to expedite that process.

The only "real" purpose of the Mormon Church is to generate a load of cash, that's it!! All one has to do is take a look at the Deseret Book website and see some of the crap they are selling. I mean, come on, action figures, ceramic busts of Joseph and Emma, CTR rings and socks and on and on.

Also, Hinckley's new book is coming out in December, "Discourses of President Gordon B. Hinckley, Volume 2: 2000-2004" and it is listed for $29.95. Wow!! What a joke!!

http://deseretbook.com/store/product?sku=4940503

Just read the description of the book and it's enough to make you puke. My point is that if they weren't all about making money, why not put together this book and sell it for the printing cost to make sure that everyone can have the latest words from the "one and only true Prophet of God."

This proves once again that they care more about their money than the supposed word of God. By the way, why the hell does Hinckley need to supplement his income? He has his $2 million + condo, Private jet from Huntsman, all expenses covered by the Church, plus what some have estimated at about $500,000/year living allowance. He still needs to sell his books for $29.95? I'm sure that it's out of Hinckley's hands and that God is the one dictating the price of the Prophets book by some vision or divine revelation.

After all, like I said, it is God's "official" bookstore and nothing goes on there without divine revelation, right? Oops, I guess the Mormon God screwed up again with that whole Grant Palmer book but hey, the Mormon God screws up all the time. See polygamy, blacks and the Priesthood, Joseph Smith's bank failure, the temple ceremony.........


**Update** Please see my additional post that has the picture of Joseph Smith with his head burried in the hat.

Samuel the Utahnite

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Sunday, July 23, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do we erradicate mormonism from the face of the earth?
It has destroyed my family and my marriage after 32 years of loyal attendance, temple marriage, mission, the whole bit. And, yes, lots and lots of money in tithing payments. It is as much of a con game as any, and one of the best at victmizing people.

 
At Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Samuel the Utahnite said...

All we can do Anon, is fight it and share the truth of what we've found, every chance we've got. I now have 3 blogs, 2 for my podcasts, in addition to this one, which has over 150 posts.

I've recorded over 24 podcasts now, between both podcasts, most between an hour or 2 hours long. In other words, I feel like I'm doing all that I can, as it does take up a lot of my time. I try to keep up on my comments here and Emails, as much as I can, even though it is a losing battle, as I've been overwhelmed. I read them all, but I just can't respond to them all.

I've been called a "son of perdition", "the devil", "a rapist", "worse than a murderer", "pure evil", "Satan", "Satan's Helper", "I punch a time clock for Satan every morning", "I'm too angry", "homosexual", "a fag", "a bastard", "SOB", "drug addict", "covering up big sins", "wanting to sin", "an alcoholic" and many more other, even more offensive terms starting with the F bomb.

I have several people that are advocating my death or look forward to the day I die. One warned me of my impending death. People wonder why I have to remain anonymous? These are the type of people that Mormonism create. I'm guessing that most of these people, that write these offensive things, are RMs, go to Church every Sunday, take the Sacrament, go to the temple, etc.

Mormonism is an evil cult that destroys families and individuals, every single day, one by one. Sadly, your example above, is just another one of so many that I've heard and seen in my life, especially during the last year.

I'm sorry for your pain Anon, but I've also lost many family members and my lifelong best friend, in the last year, due to my disbelief in Mormonism. I'm now dangerous and a son of perdition. This person has always trusted me and come to me for advice, but now, suddenly, I'm lost my mind and have no idea what I'm talking about and in fact, I'm downright evil.

The family members that I've lost in the last year, simply cut me out of their life because I asked them if they were aware that Joseph Smith was a polygamist. They don't even know anything about my blogs or podcasts, just that I think Joseph Smith was a polygamist and thats it.

They called me a liar, said, "how dare I insult their religion" and "that I should be ashamed of myself since I'm a returned missionary." Imagine if they knew what I was really doing?

Amazing isn't it? How sad to live such a shallow life!! Thanks for your comment and drop me an email sometime, reminding me of who you are.

Best wishes

Samuel

 
At Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always the blame...I don't know the exact details of why your marriage broke up anon, but instead of blaming a faith, unless they physically removed you from each other, I would think some of the blame lies with both of you. All these sweeping statements of eradicating the earth of an organisation that for the most enriches their lives, they feel they live good lives and without hurting anyone, if it's not for you then go find something that is, why incite such hatred of others????? No mattter what Church, faith or group you belong to, as long as you're not hurting anyone then what ever makes you sleep at night. I wish people would start taking responsibility for actions within their lives and stop trying to blame, the churches or the parents. What a cop out!
God Bless

 
At Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morris,

While I can see your point of view, what this site and Samuel as well as so many others here and around the world are saying is...That mormonism DOES CAUSE these breakups, these horrible situations.

By it's doctrine, any member cannot and MUST NOT affiliate in any way with a member that does not believe as they do.

Yeah, it's in the temple recommend question.
And of course, if you don't get that temple pass to Ol Joe's House of Fun, kiss goodbye to celestial kingdom.

So now that I am apostate according to my familys belief...what are they supposed to do?
Well I know what they should do.
But what the church tells them to do is quite the opposite.

Mormonism and it's vile cult has destroyed lives. Actually been responsible for peoples deaths.
As well as uncomparable suffering.

That is what gives us the right to judge mormonism, not because of the innocent people being decieved. But FOR them.

Samuel is doing wonderful work here. Truly wonderful.
And you would think that with all the proof he brings, all the doctrines, videos, audio clips, personal experiences...That you could see too.

But that's why he does it. To show people what goes on. He doesn't force anyone to come here and watch, read and listen to him.

He offers the chance, the information, he offers everything that the church covers up.

And he doesn't expect anything back. Not a thing. No money, no temples, no jesus malls.

Samuel is a great man who fights harder than most anyone I know, just for what he believes and to save people pain and suffering.

Keep it up Samuel, I am inspired every post, every podcast.

Keep fighting, you are getting through, you are making a difference.

Thank you!

-Veldrin

 
At Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog. I agree with you wholeheartedly. The eradication of Mormonism is a noble goal. The cult is not harmless as some of the sheep would have the naive masses believe. It turns intelligent people into mindless drones in the interest of profit. It has nothing to do with any type of religious faith. It's about money and power.
Keep up the good work, as I am also in the battle.
Best of luck.
josephs.myth.jr

 
At Tuesday, December 01, 2009 11:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it true...that on the night of Joseph Smith s death, that he told his followers that he was the lamb...then shot 3 guys dead??

They worship him so much. My inlaws are Mormon, wife is not active. They tried so hard to get me to open my heart to the book of mormon. After my second discussion...the elders asked me if I wanted to be baptised...I said no, and asked if a member..who was a good friend, can come down and support me. There were alot of ppl at my appartment. Trying to get me to join the church. I had questions for the elders about when in the bible did a family move to the Americas and where i the new testament does it have Jesus going to the Americas aswell, after his resurrection...My good mate, who had been a member for 4 years now...was shocked that Jesus even went to America...
I am still investigating the Church...I love my wife...she has not forced me to join the Church...the ward we visit now and then are awesome in the way where they preach to lookafter each other...but I believe in my heart...that this Church, has been built on lies...

 
At Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:01:00 PM, Blogger colter hansen said...

You know its a personal thing if something goes wrong in your family. Dont go blaming nay religion for it. Mormon family tore you apart? wow! ive been one for 23 years and tell you all I hear is be good, love your fellow beings, love God, one another and be happy. why would that tare any one apart? its stupid to even think that. sound like an excuse.

 
At Wednesday, March 16, 2011 6:06:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

@ colter hansen
try telling that to the surviving family members of the Peoples Temple (you remember Jim Jones cult and the mass Kool-Ade suicide).
Mindless drone inducing cults, such as Jailbird Joey's organization, are far from harmless.
The morality practiced by most LDS is in fact admirable, but the doctrine and origins of this cult is appalling.

 
At Friday, February 10, 2012 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Canadian Friend said...

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has one thing strongly working against its membership growth: it's a false religion. With thousands of internet sites proclaiming the truth about Mormonism it is increasingly difficult for Mormon missionaries to present their one-sided, dishonest views of the church. You can't fool all of the people all of the time.

 
At Wednesday, September 04, 2013 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Seph said...

Very good job Samuel. I'm glad you got "out" and I hope you don't suffer too much in the present from what seems to be a lifetime of past deception.

An exmormon- proud agnostic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com