Saturday, August 06, 2005

Kim Clark, new BYU-Idaho President, compares Hinckley to Moses!!


The Headline is Hinckley over Harvard!! When the LDS Prophet phoned, Kim Clark headed to BYU-Idaho.

Tribune Link

There are some amazing quotes from the article showing how the Morg can even brainwash a man with 34 years at Harvard. This isn't a stupid man and even he is duped, or is he? I'm sure that he is a great man, mostly just looking out for his family. My opinion is that he knows easy street lies just ahead, meaning becoming an Apostle like Bednar did, that's why he really left Harvard. If Bednar went from President of BYU-Idaho straight to Apostle, why wouldn't he, after giving up a prestigious 34 year career at Harvard? Makes sense to me!! The only question that remains, is what will he do to really impress "the modern day Moses" in order to top Bednar's naming a building after Hinckley?

Then he will be living the easy life of the rich and famous with a shot at someday being the Prophet if he can out live Bednar, limos, private jets, flying all over the world, no financial worries ever again, 5 star hotels and fame lie just ahead. He would at least have a great shot of being in the First Presidency if not the Prophet. Who can blame the guy? He's just playing the game. It may have actually been the smartest move he's ever made. Here are some quotes from the article:

Getting a 34-year Harvard man to abandon one of the nation's most prestigious business colleges for an Idaho church school would seem to demand nothing short of divine revelation.

It came in the form of a phone call in May to Clark, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, from Gordon Hinckley, the 95-year-old leader of the Mormons. Hinckley asked the economist to head Rexburg's Brigham Young University-Idaho, which just five years ago was a two-year junior college.

''You have to appreciate what this is like,'' said Clark, 56, of Hinckley's call. ''We behold him to be a prophet. Imagine yourself getting a call from Moses.''

''LDS people are pretty responsive to that sort of a direct call, a mission call, almost,'' said Lawrence Foster, a religious-history professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.

''It doesn't matter to me what other people think about'' the decision to leave Harvard, Clark said. ''I'm pretty sure that if you and I have this conversation 10 years from now, people will know about BYU-Idaho.''

And Clark's move, viewed from inside the church, could be seen as a promotion: Some say this establishes Clark, a bishop, as a rising star. His predecessor, David Bednar, was named in 2004 to the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, a church governing body considered by Mormons to have the same authority as the 12 biblical apostles.

''If one were thinking for the church either about university matters or future ecclesiastical office, Kim Clark is clearly on the radar screen,'' said Philip Barlow, a Mormon and religion professor at Indiana's Hanover College.

''The church influences washes over, runs through, pervades everything we do,'' said Robert Wilkes, BYU-Idaho interim president.
Clark's decision has aroused much debate, even among church members. On an LDS-related Web site called ''Times and Seasons,'' some called Clark's move to largely Mormon eastern Idaho a wasteful sacrifice of church influence in the northeastern United States.

The church's education director, W. Rolfe Kerr, calls the BYU-Idaho presidency a ''paid job,'' not an ''ecclesiastical calling.''

Still, a request from Hinckley would be a difficult to refuse, church members say.

''If Gordon Hinckley called and said, 'What I need you to do is go work on the grounds crew at BYU-Idaho,' I would say 'Yes,' " said Paul Pugmire, president of the Rexburg City Council.

Yeah, yeah, if President Hinckley called me to clean the toilets at BYU-Idaho and lick the sidewalks for the next 5 years, it would be an honor, as if Moses himself had called me and asked me to do it. How could I turn it down? Wow!! Was Paul Pugmire serious? It must either be the hope of a "Church promotion" that motivates these guys or they are really just that brainwashed!! I'm just astonished that people would literally do anything for Hinckley. Now if Kim Clark truly isn't thinking about becoming an Apostle someday and is just being obedient to "Moses", or doing this out of duty, then it shows how Hinckley can just snap his fingers and even a 34 year Harvard man, will listen. I'm sure Hinckley loved being compared to "Moses." Just another reason for his ego to grow even bigger if that is possible!!

I guess this can help us understand the power and control that Joseph Smith had over so many people, especially all of the women that he married. That control continues on today through Hinckley and whoever is next. People will literally drop everything at a moments notice when Hinckley calls!! When they enter a room, everyone stands!! It is sick!! It is a cult!! It is truly a sad tale, very very sad!! I do sincerely wish Kim Clark the best, whatever his motivations or reasons for leaving Harvard are, after 34 years, for little Rexburg, Idaho.

It just doesn't seem like the kind of move that a man with his experience would make unless there was a big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'm sure that he's also taking a pay cut. Would BYU-Idaho pay what Harvard pays? Maybe, just maybe, they already promised him that he would be the next Apostle, now that would make more sense, wouldn't it?

Samuel the Utahnite

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I would like to say that I am not one prone to respond to such statements as I have just read - I usually consider it a waste of my time. However, my indignation prompts my response to the libelous statements made regarding President Clark and President Hinckley.

I really don't know where to begin. First, it is obvious that the opinion presented is given by one whose judgement is clouded by prejudice and an obtuse perspective. I know both Elder Bednar and President Clark and know them to be humble men of God. Also, I know from experiences I have had in listening to the words of President Hinckley, the Prophet of God, that he is just that. He is a Prophet. And he is the most humble man I have ever known. No one who has ever really heard him can say that he has pride or an ego.

My anger is spent. I truly am wasting my time. All I can say is, I'm sorry. I am sorry that you have to suffer so much because of your narrow-mindedness. I am sorry that you find it necessary to attack so fiercely what you clearly do not understand. I am sorry for whatever it is that has caused you so much bitterness against this Church, against the Gospel of Jesus Christ, against his servents.

As a Mormon, I find it necessary to close be declaring to you that I know that Gordon B. Hinckley is a Prophet. I know that he is called of God and that he receives inspiration from Him. I know that Pres. Clark's call to come to BYU-Idaho to be inspired. I have seen what he has done to make a positive change to the campus. BYU-Idaho is moving forward and it is due to the inspired direction of President Clark and President Hinckley.

P.S. The idea that Pres. Clark merely accepted the call to come to BYU-I because of the possibility of becoming an apostle is preposterous. Yes, Pres. Bednar did become an apostle. Elder Eyring was also president of Ricks college before he became an apostle. However, there were many that did not become apostles. Be sure and clarify facts and support statements before you make a fool of yourself.

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what this person has written and I too know that Gordon B. Hinckley is a prophet of God. It is a waste of my time to read such narrow-minded junk. I invite the maker of this website to come to a mormon church to really find out what mormons are like: just like everyone else trying to make it in this world. Peace.

 
At Saturday, November 24, 2007 9:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a member of the Mormon Cult for over 15 years. After careful study of the history of the church, I had to admit that it was all a fraud. If the members of the church would study the real history of this cult, then they would see how it can't be true. Narrow mindness is for those who only listen what they are told by their cult leaders. Prophets in this day and age, I don't think so. I personally met two of them, and it was very disapointing to see them for what they are....

 
At Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: the first Anonymous comment: since assumptions are being made, I'll make one also. This moron, oops, mormon, MUST have been home-schooled or gone to BYU. Why else would he not know how to spell judgment? Oh! I know why, not an important word to MEN of the LDS, since they get to DO the judging, and will never be judged themselves. DISgusting

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:09:00 PM, Blogger yo said...

I truly don't understand why anyone would want to attack another religion for any reason ever. Can anyone give me an explanation for this? Only someone that doesn't have anything to do with their time would waste it on such things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com