Sunday, July 31, 2005

Gordon B. Hinckley knows the "real" truth, isn't it obvious?!!


The other possibility that I'll throw out there, after carefully analyzing all of his talks, is that he is maybe the most "honest" Prophet/GA that we've ever had. What I'm saying is that obviously he knows that it's all a fraud and is basically trying to tell us it is, without coming out directly and saying it. Part of me wants to say that it is his cry for help...lol!! He's caught in the cult and can't get out!! He wants our help!! But then I remember how much he enjoys his lifestyle and perks and I don't feel so bad for him!! He would never want to lose his lifestyle!!

In other words, when he says he doesn't know this and that, this and that doctrine isn't true, that isn't taught anymore, he "thinks" he gets revelation, etc, he is just telling the truth because he really knows that it's all a joke anyway. That's why the best he can come up with is canceling homecomings/farewells, women can't wear two sets of earrings, gambling is evil, etc. Just stupid, little petty things is the best he can do, because he has no more revelation than you or I!!

I'm sure that at one point he truly believed in the Church and that Jesus would visit him. But after 50 years as a GA, 10 or so as Prophet, many more as acting Prophet and still no personal visitation from Jesus, well, he must have concluded by now, that it was truly all a farce. I mean, at this point, he isn't even sure if he gets "revelation from God." "Just give me the checkbook and I'll be fine", he says!!

So, my point is that he is different because Hinckley is really the first "modern day" GA or Prophet that actually almost admits that the Church is a fraud. I guarantee you that Thomas Monson and all the others would never say what he says, NEVER!!! They must cringe when they hear him say the things he does but then he throws in the "earring revelation" just to keep everyone in line and let them know that he is in Charge and indeed the Prophet.

So what it comes down to is that Hinckley knows the Church is Bogus but loves being "The Man". He loves the power, the multi-million dollar condo, the money, the star treatment, the limos, the bodyguard and the life of a rich and famous man. He would never give up that lifestyle even though he knows the Church is false. I'm sure he rationalizes, "I've given my whole damn life to this Church and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna enjoy the perks of finally being the big man on campus to the end." "I'm gonna spend money like there's no tomorrow, I'm gonna go crazy on temple building(They'll remember me as the temple and conference center builder), buy malls, buy streets, build luxury resorts, build a World Trade Tower and nobody is gonna stop me."

I think that for him, it is almost a game, that he is having fun stirring up the pot and making references to the fact that the Church isn't true. He loves "trying the faith" of the Saints with the Earrings and canceling homecomings and farewells. There is no doubt that he is a control and power freak and he just wants to see how far he can take it. He wants to see just how far he can push the members.

Personally, I think his little game is backfiring. As Tal Bachman said a while back, how many members have left now because of him, 50,000? It's probably even higher than that!! Any rational thinking member who reads his interviews, can only conclude one thing, that the Church is false and that he isn't a Prophet of God. But in the end, as long as he lives the life of a rich and powerful man, a "Prophet" of God, can keep spending billions on construction projects and spending money like water and throwing out stupid cult controlling "revelations", he will be happy to the end!!

Samuel the Utahnite

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realized that the Mormon was a fraud when a profit of God cannot predict all the trouble we are having in Iraq.

Why didn't he warn us about the twin towers?

Not much of a prophet I would say.

 
At Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I realized that the Mormon was a fraud when a profit of God cannot predict all the trouble we are having in Iraq.

Why didn't he warn us about the twin towers?

Not much of a prophet I would say."

Roger, I have a question for you. Have you ever read the Bible at all? Wars and rumors of wars and many other things have already been prophesied about a long time ago. Anyone who has read the Bible and Book of Mormon has expected things of this nature to happen for a long time.

-Ken

 
At Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so far off on what you write it's pathetic. First get your facts straight. Most of what you write here shows that you don't even know what you're talking about. Don't you have anything better to do than write about things you don't fully understand. I'm not Mormon, but I'm Christian and I know a lot about the Mormon church, and what you write just isn't true. I can see that you obviously don't agree with the mormon church, but why don't you put your energy into something worth while instead of spreading your hatred into the world. The world could do without negative, unintelligent people like you. Roger, just because a prophet doesn't predict what happens doesn't mean he's not true. Have you ever read the bible? Do you have any insight into these things at all???, or do you just go around sharing your dumb founded knowledge about things you don't understand. Get a life!

 
At Monday, February 04, 2008 9:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alma 24: 30
30 And thus we can plainly discern, that after a people have been once enlightened by the Spirit of God, and have had great knowledge of things pertaining to righteousness, and then have fallen away into sin and transgression, they become more hardened, and thus their state becomes worse than though they had never known these things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com