Monday, February 05, 2007

Gordon B. Hinckley And A Walk Down Memory Lane; Oh Yeah And He Hated His Mission And Wanted To Come Home...He Felt His Mission Was A Waste Of Time!!



This is a great video clip(thanks again to Paul Maughn), highlighting a few parts of the Mormon Hierarchy's biography of Gordon B. Hinckley. I first saw the complete biography about 3 months after discovering the truth and I was blown away by some of the things that Hinckley said and by how the Church has basically coddled him and his family since he was born.

Hinckley has had an easy life and couldn't possible relate to normal folks, since everything he's personally had since about 19, has been handed to him on a silver platter, by the Mormon church. I mean his first house was even given to him by his dad after getting married. I'm sure his dad did so well, due to his dad being an Apostle. If we could all be so lucky, right?

This should help everyone understand how Hinckley himself can order homeless people who have lost everything, to "pay their tithing" and then order his Seventies(like Elder Lynn G. Robbins) and Apostles, to stand at the pulpit and coldly preach that everyone should "pay their tithing", before "feeding their families" and that "there's no one too poor" to not pay tithing or be taught the principle.



MP3 File

This should also explain how people like James E. Faust, the third top-dog in the church, can brag about how the poor Mormons in Argentina, gave up their gold fillings as a sacrifice to build a temple in Brazil and that others should follow their example.

What about the man in Africa, who was unemployed, had a ton of kids and no way to feed them? Well, he can give the church 1 out of every 10 geese eggs, according to Earl C. Tingey. Shouldn't the Mormon Hierarchy be helping him instead?


MP3 File

How about Hinckley canceling all missionary homecomings and farewells, because they didn't deserve them and "Why should they have them" and that they will see their family when they get home(if they don't get killed on their mission).

Gordon B. Hinckley is a very arrogant, pompous, cold, condescending man who only cares about one thing; HIMSELF. He throws big birthday parties for himself every 5 years, that cost millions. He personally flies in Donny Osmond, Galdys Knight, Mike Wallace, etc, all to honor and serenade him, in his $500 million Gordy-dome, with the full compliment of security and medical people and it's all televised on KSL, KBYU, BYU-TV and then archived on LDS.org.

Hinckley is an egomaniac and yet his daughters talk about "how shy and introverted he is" and "how he hates all of the attention." What a crock of shit!! Hinckley loves it when he walks into a room, the Gordy-dome or a football stadium and everyone stands up and starts singing "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet(Profit)" and he then waves his cane at everyone.


He lives in a $2 million + condo, gets driven around in a Lexus and Lincoln, flies around the world in a private jet, stays in 5 star hotels and eats the finest cuisine money can buy.

When traveling around the world and speaking to missionaries, he trashes them by telling them that if they are sick or aren't baptizing, it is their fault, most likely due to disobedience and sin(because Jesus can't protect them from illness if they are sinners) and that they are a hindrance to the work. He said that when a missionary is sick, "they are a burden to their companion and the work grinds to a halt."

You see, Hinckley doesn't give two shits about the sick missionary, just as they didn't on my mission(whether it was me or someone else), rather they only care about statistics and numbers, especially baptisms. Like Ballard says, he doesn't care if missionaries "are killed" or get "hurt", because the work must go on.



MP3 File

I mean damn, you watch your companion get run over by a train, you're raped at gun point for hours, along with your companion, or you watch your companion get shot and bleed to death in the street, you watch your companion get hit and killed by a truck, etc, etc, and you are fully expected to not miss a beat and just continue on with your mission, no matter what. How sad is that?

And people actually say that this isn't a cult? In the Mormon church, especially for missionaries, who are paying their own way I might add; it's back to work and "get those damn numbers and quit being a nuisance and hindrance to the work." There's no counseling or help and sadly, many of their families also want them to finish their mission too, because they are just as brainwashed as their missionary sons and daughters.

It truly is tragic what this awful cult does to people and that is why I do what I do and I thank all of you out there that support me and what I'm doing and for having the courage to fight against this Billion dollar Mormon cult corporation. I'm finding out lately that it is more destructive than I thought it was and is creating some very demented, sick and twisted people, some of which are sadly my family and friends.

Take care everyone and stay strong as the Mormon apologists ramp up their personal attacks against us, because they have ZERO conscience and will do and say anything for their Joe, Jesus, Hinckley and Mormon cult!!

Samuel the Utahnite

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Samuel,

Gordon's dad never was an apostle, highest he got was Stake President.

But reading here it is clear that all your problems originates in your missionary service. They did F'up your mind down there.

Hey- I'm sorry you didn't like it or they treated you badly in your mission or whatever.

But it is time you get over it and move on. You won't get anything from this because you can't remove, change or alter the Spirits presence and actions in members lives or the meetings they go to or the talks Hinkley gives. And it is the Holy Ghost who does the converting and testifying and the life changing.

And what does your temple wife say about this? I haven't seen a post about here at all.

Yours faithfully,

Jose.

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to get ready for church, so catch you latter!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to get ready for church, so catch you latter!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Samuel the Utahnite said...

It's called reading comprehension Jose and you don't have it.

I said:

"I'm sure his dad did so well, due to his dad being an Apostle."

Notice I was talking about his Dad's Dad being an Apostle, not Gordo's Dad? I just wanted to clarify that and help you out there since you were so confused by such a simple sentence.

Gordo's daddy inherited the dough that his Daddy got from being an Apostle!! I realize that English isn't your first language and is probably why you can't understand what I write. I can write to you in Spanish if you'd like?

Hope you enjoyed your mind numbing cult on a Saturday. What are you now; a Seventh Day Adventist? Maybe the Mormons meet on Saturday wherever it is that you live? LMAO!!

Samuel

PS. Hey Jose, ever notice how I give you the freedom to spew whatever bullshit you want here about Mormonism, which is the same freedom that Mormonism prohibits and doesn't give to anyone and even excommunicates people for?

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, maybe you should write to me in spanish, english is a bad language! (And I've noticed a lot of spelling mistakes too) And I didn't read it that way, you should've said 'granddad' since you're refering to Gordon as main subject.

And yes, you do allow me to speak my mind and not excommunicate me from your site (thankyou) The church is more closed in that sense as you said. And no, it was a stake activity to celebrate 10 years of our stake.

But you did take the time to answer this part, and point out my mistake, but what about the question of the Espiritu in meetings? Like say for arguments sake that Jose Smith was a rapists and stole from the members their wives, OK? that doesn't actually change anything with regard to the church, nor if Gordon Hinkley where a private jet flying exec (which he is). People read a bit of the book of mormon and 'feel' something, ie feel the spirit and they turn around and say that it is from God. How will you ever change that? (I'm not asking about the masturbation part anymore, notice)

And how did you manage to do 2 years of missionary, baptizing maybe 5 per month average in south america, and not 'feel' anything? how did you manage that? Is it Jose Smiths supposed 'lustingness' that made you forget all those feelings/witnessings/revelations or whatever from your mission or didn't you see or feel anything at all? How does one survive 2 years of mormon missionary without feeling anything? I honestly can't undersatand that part.

Just questions, which I now know that you can answer should you want to bother to.

And I went to youtube but after a search only found 2 entries for Samuel the Utahnite. What where you refering to in that other post? I'm curious to know.
Jose

 
At Monday, February 12, 2007 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jose,

Frankly, I'm blown away by your pathetic defense of Joseph Smith. Are you basically saying that it doesn't matter if he was a liar, conman, convicted felon, adulturer, rapist, as long as you can feel the spirit? Give me a damn break!!!

Since you're so big into the spirit thing, let me put it to you simply. The spirit you feel is your own damn emotions. Samuel felt the spirit on his mission as did I. Since the church knows that your own feelings are the one and only thing that no one can change or take away from you, it is the thing they use to convince people of their "truth".

Have you ever felt the spirit in a movie or when hearing a beautiful piece of music, or both together? One of the most liberating things for me was the discovery that the spirit exists outside of the Mormon church. Ever since leaving the church and having the spirit supposidely withdrawn from me, surprisingly enough, I have still felt it. Why? Because it is a universal feeling and the patent is not owned by the Mormon church!!!

People in other churches have the same feelings and experiences as Mormons do. The only difference is that other churches do not make this a central theme in their pitch. Other churches focus on Jesus, the Bible. While the Mormons do also, their ultimate source of truth is that tingly feeling in your stomach.

I hate to break it to you, but a true belief in something false is a false belief. Let's use some simple logic here. What is more likely, that Joseph Smith was visited by a bunch of dudes who traveled billions of miles through space (without a spaceship) from Kolob, or that good ol' Joe made the whole thing up? If you think about it like that, it basically turns Christianity in general upside down. All of it is nothing but a huge lie.

Hope this helped answer some of your questions about denying the spirit.

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:40:00 AM, Blogger MM said...

Concerning the Spirit.

I agree that "feeling the spirit" can be feeling your emotions... also God. Beautiful things.

Beautiful things can still be found in ugly places, even in a cult. Now, ugly places aren't the best places to look, but you can find them... because God is beautiful and no church can take him away from you... Only you can do that.

This is MY OPINION here, but when I "felt the spirit" in church, it was because I was "touched" by... Love, God, etc. These things can be with you anywhere. Little seeds of truth and light that "touched" me. I never found that to be true with the Book of Mormon, church history, certain doctrines, etc.

I hope I am explaining this alright, but a big realization for me was that... What I was feeling, I can feel it in other churches the same (if not, more) or even alone at night on my knees in prayer. It is my testimony of my Lord and Savior, my God. I can feel it out in nature, among art or beautiful things...

THis is just my opinion... I hope it made sense. =/

Misfit Marie

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Marie, it made perfect sense. That is exactly the point I have been trying to make.

 
At Friday, February 01, 2008 10:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.

Look, I understand what you are saying and I can agree with you in some parts. The spirit can be felt with things outside the church because they are good, pure things, like nature for example. Music uplifts us, and therefore certain types can help us feel the spirit as well.

I know you guys are going to bash on me for expressing my views, and I accept your criticism because I am not very gifted in the communication department.

I believe that you can feel the spirit in other religions because there is some part that is true and gives us peace in each one. However, I have felt the spirit when I have read the Book of Mormon. I have come to know for myself that this is the true church. I know it with all of my heart.

Another subject I would like to address is what you have claimed about President Hinckley. I believe you are ommitting the whole truth about this wonderful man. It is true that in the first months of his mission he was exteremely discouraged because he didn't believe he was reaching people. He felt that he was wasting his time and his father's money because of so little progress with the people. After the letter that his father had sent to Gordon was received, not only was his point of view altered for the better, he became a very effective missionary and loved it.
This feeling of inadequacy and depression does not just happen in the mission field. Many people who attend college feel the same way. They go to a school where they are away from home, realize that it's a lot harder than they expected, feel discouraged and feel they're wasting their time resulting in the want to go home. Every person can go through this experience, it's very common.

It is also true that President Hinckley did have a good life, but he didn't go without his share of hardships. His mother died three years before he served his mission. Losing a loved one can never be easy.

Tithing is an act of faith and has blessed my life. Didn't the Savior test his own disciples by their faith? Peter walked on water because of his faith and only started to sink when it started to waver. So we are tested in faith, only in a different way.

Also referring to what you said about James E. Faust, we do have a humanitarian program in the church that helps thousands of people. The LDS church was a major contributor to the aid of the victims of Hurricane Katrina. They help deprived people all over the world as well.

I also believe that President Hinckley did away with missionary farewells and homecomings because this time in their life isn't to give them glory, it is to serve the Lord. Of course the missionaries deserve glory for giving such a big sacrifice, but the blessings come in other ways, not in glory. They come in ways which are much more valuable to us. One of our goals is to be humble, and glory doesn't make you humble.

I am also sad to see what you have written about Gordon B. Hinckley. In no way is he arrogant, pompous, cold, or condescending. The last person he thinks of is himself. Am I correct in saying that by the "Gordy-dome", you mean the new conference center the church built in order to accomodate more saints that wish to attend church programs like general conference? This wasn't his or for him, it was for the progress of the church.

On another note, The Pope receives more publicity, security, and medical people than the prophet on his birthday, or any other occasion for that matter. Also, 97 is quite a feat in age for the United States, don't you agree? I believe that a reason for anyone to celebrate.

I also strongly disagree with your opinions of the General Authorities' views on missionary work. They do value each and every missionary. They pray for them daily. Of course they care. Elder Ballard said "This work cannot be stopped." He said "This work will go on," not "I don't care if missionaries 'are killed' or get 'hurt', because the work must go on." He is just simply saying nothing can stop the progess of the church.

I would also like to compare the number of deaths of missionaries to the number of missionaries total. The number is extremely few compared to the number of missionaries total, and still these individuals mean a lot to us. Also, they don't expect you to "get right back on the horse" if your compaion is killed or you are injured either mentally or physically. After such traumatic events as you claim in your article, it would be next to impossible to not "miss a beat". We are not heartless.

It also sounds like you went on a mission. If you have, it sounds like you had some rough experiences. I apologize for your misfortunes and hope that you were able to accept them and move on. I am preparing for a mission myself. I know it will be hard, but my time can not be better spent than spending it on the Lord.

I know you don't want to hear this, but I want to share it with you since you are so kind as to let me speak my mind on this website.

I KNOW this church is true. I know it with every fiber of my being. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. He did see God the Father and His Son. Gordon B. Hinckley was a prophet of God on this earth. He is doing amazing works in Heaven, more glorious than we could ever imagine. I know the book of mormon is true. Every thing about this church is centered around Christ. Jesus is the Savior, our brother, our friend, and He never turns from anyone, with faith or lack thereof. He may let you make mistakes once in a while, but only to let you figure out a lesson.
This gospel is more than just a feeling or emotion to me. It is a way of life that benefits every aspect of our existence. The spirit may communicate to you through your emotions, but it isn't a creation of your own thought. He is a being that helps us return to our Heavenly Father. I am not brainwashed. I have looked into other religions and found things pleasing there, but when I personally found the LDS faith, I knew this was the complete gospel, Christ's true church.

I hope I haven't offended anyone, for I am only speaking how I feel on these subjects.

I hope everyone who reads this has an absolutely wonderful day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com