Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The "Mormon Truth Podcast" Is Up And Running. I've Already Posted The First Two Shows!! I Hope That You Guys Like it!!


Well, I finally get to the post that I've been anticipating and excited to write!! Yes, as the title of this post says and the links to the right show, my podcast is up and running and I'm very excited about it. I had to figure out how it all worked and how to set it all up but it's good to go now and easy for you all of you to find and subscribe to, if you just follow the links. I hope that a majority of Mormon Truth readers will subscribe to my show or at least listen to them. The site where they are actually posted is on ourmedia.org and I'm extremely grateful to them for making this possible and so easy to do.

I also want to thank archive.org, that is a partner with Our media and where my shows will also be archived FOREVER. My kids and grandkids someday, will be able to go online and listen to my shows when I'm not even here on this earth any longer. You can also leave a review for each of my shows on the archive.org site if you are so inclined. So far, I've had 64 people listen to my first show and 28 to my 2nd show in just the few days that it has been listed there.

Now, I also have a new blog over on "our media" that is for all of you to comment on the show and I appreciate any of your comments, ideas, critiques, questions that you want me to answer on my show, etc. For each show, I'll start a post that is specifically for your comments on the show. You can either post your comments on the main Group weblog or on the actual audio page of each podcast, it's up to you. The link on the audio page, is at the very bottom for comments. Now, on the "our media" site, I've also started a
forum for people who are in transition or currently in the process of leaving the Church, to be able to share their feelings and experiences that they are currently going through. It's just there for those that may want or need to share.

Now I should also mention that you have to be registered with Ourmedia in order to post comments, so I've created an alternative place for you to all make your comments if you don't want to register with Ourmedia, which I understand. I just simply added another blog here on blogspot, called
"Mormon Truth Podcast" and you can comment there until your hearts content. I know that many of you have emailed me and asked for me to open the comment sections on my blog, so this is for you...LOL. Finally, right?!! My Email has always been available for everyone and I received hundreds of emails, but now you can comment directly on my shows.

I'm still not gonna open up the comment section on my blog here, but you'll have your shot to say what you want to say on my podcast page. Maybe I'll even open up a page on my "Mormon Truth Podcast" page, where you guys can also comment on my blog or whatever you want to comment on. As you can tell, I'm figuring this out as I write...LOL.

Now, I'll be responding in both places but at least on blogspot, you won't have to register. In fact, as I'm setting all of this up, maybe I should just make that the main place for everyone to respond and keep it all in one place. So, I guess, as I think about it, everyone should just respond on the
"Mormon Truth Podcast" page but it's up to you guys, I'll find you in either place. In any case, I will appreciate everyone's comments and will try to respond to as many as I can. At least everyone has an option, including those that just want to be anonymous but still be able to express their views and opinions.

I just wanted to say to everyone, that I wanted to put in the time, set all of this up and do my podcast, in addition to my blog, in order to maximize my efforts on more than one front, in order to help as many people as possible. I just want to feel that I'm doing all that I can to help those people that are still in the Mormon Church but on the fence. I want to help those people that are out of Mormonism, but are having a hard time coping with their life and entire social structure collapsing and in some cases, having lost their Families and Friends, including Parents, Brothers, Sisters, Wife and Children.

Yes, this is a deep passion for me!! I have felt and seen first hand the pain that one goes through on discovering that the Mormon Church isn't really what they taught us it was, for our entire life and in fact, it is nothing more than a fraud and a cult that destroys our personal relationships with loved ones in the end, if we leave and they stay. At this time in my life, I have the free time that many people don't, to dedicate to this personal mission of mine and I plan to do so for the rest of my days here on this earth. It will always be one of my goals and passions and a top priority in my life.

I greatly appreciate everyone's support, Emails and kind words. I'm very grateful for anyone that I've been able to help with my words, views and opinions. The last 6 months has been a real process for me and I've learned so much and been helped so much, by so many different people and I want to thank all of you for your help and support as well. Writing this very blog has been a very healing experience for me and sometimes I can't believe how much I have written. It has been wonderful to talk about and discuss, the very things that I could never talk or even ask about in the Mormon Church. 95% of what I've said on my blog would have gotten me tossed out on my ear for sure.

Questioning, especially deep questioning, simply isn't allowed in the Mormon Church. It has been so nice to be able to come here, to my little place in cyberspace, and share with all of you, my innermost thoughts, feelings, opinions and ideas. I had no idea what exactly I was gonna do when I first opened up "Mormon Truth", but I soon figured it out and here we are. It has been about 3 and a half months and we've had over 6,000 visitors that have read nearly 11,000 pages.


Thanks to all of you that have visited Mormon Truth, maybe referred someone else to this site, etc. You all gave me the motivation to keep it going and keep writing. I didn't know if anyone would even read what I was writing but it has been a great learning experience for me.

In the very near future, I'm also going to start having guests on my shows through skype, once I learn about it, download it and get it all set up. That's my next project for tomorrow. I really look forward to having as many of you guys on my show as possible. You will be able to share your stories and feelings with all the listeners and maybe feel better in the process. Sometimes, it just helps to talk to somebody else that understands and can empathize with what you are personally going through. I hope that my show, can be an avenue to help people unload and express their feelings and in turn feel better about things.

I really hope to develop a nice community here, where we can help one another and not criticize each other. Of course we are all going to have different ideas or opinions on things from time to time, but hopefully we can overlook those differences and focus on just helping one another and the basic fact that we are all coming form a similar place with similar goals and desires. I guess what I'm saying, is that we don't need any pathetic Mormon Apologists or ignorant, rude, Ex-Mormons and yes, as witnessed by my last post, they do exist.

Not everyone that is an Ex-Mo, is on our side or willing to be supportive, understanding or even decent. Again, everyone is welcome to listen to my show, read my blog, etc, but if you come in here trying to stir up trouble, well, you'll be treated as such and I'm sure that it will be returned by the awesome readers and now future listeners of Mormon Truth. It's kind of like me going over to FAIR and being a complete ass and going off on people; Do you think that I'd receive a positive response?!! Ha Ha Ha, I think not!!

Anyway, that's all I've got for now but it was plenty. Once again, this post was much longer than I ever dreamed it would be, but I seem to always have more to say than I think I do. That's the beauty of having my blog, I can just start writing and see where I end up. Thanks again, enjoy the podcasts and I look forward to your comments. Also, for those of you that would like to be on a show, just email me at
Samueltheuthanite@yahoo.com and I'll get back to you and find out your time frame and then work out when we can do it.

I plan on doing several shows a week if not more, so I should have plenty of opportunity to have a whole bunch of you on, just let me know if you're interested. Things may be a little crazy for me between now and the end of the year, with the Holidays and everything, but we'll work it out. Once the new year begins, I'll have much more time on my hands for sure.

Also, on other note, I'm more interested in having normal, everyday people on my show, instead of well known Ex-Mormons or some type of expert on Mormonism or Ex-Mormon celebrity, because I want the focus to be on us normal people. Now, if there is a well known Ex-Mormon out there, I'll fit you in somewhere for sure but I just wanted to be clear that getting well known people on the show wasn't my goal. I just don't ever want it to be the type of show or place where normal, everyday people, don't feel welcome or wanted. On the other hand, you will be my priority and the show was created for you, for us. I love how Mike and Hyrum have done their show on the
Church is not true, with a good mix of normal members along with an expert or two here and there. It works perfectly!!

I'm hoping at some point to be on their show and also be able to have them on Mormon Truth. That would be a lot of fun for sure and very entertaining!! I'll have to add the explicit label to my shows when they are on it...LOL!! I laugh because I guess they've had people complain about that and their swearing, etc, but I don't have a problem with it and that's why I make my show for 18+ and with adult content. You never know when I might get really pissed about something and go off...LOL. Better safe than sorry, right? LOL!!

Anyway, take care guys, I'll say goodbye again, but this time for real.

Chau,

Samuel the Utahnite

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

border=0

Get your own map at hit2map.com